Make sure you purchase the right ink cartridges for your specific printer and printer region or have your old ones refilled. Cartridges are not compatible between different brands, and often not within the same brand. HP often designs its inkjet hardware to use country-specific consumables. When you unbox a new HP inkjet printer and set it up, you install a set of ink tanks that ship with the printer. As you turn on the device and get ready to use it, an initialization sequence localizes it to the country associated with the ink cartridges you installed.
HP recommends that you use original HP ink cartridges. XL (Extra Large) cartridges cost more but do provide better value in the long run. They will be able to print at least double the pages of a regular cartridge. Our advice is that if you print often, go with XL. However, ink can dry up. So if you are not a frequent printer, go with the regular cartridges.
You can check the estimated ink levels from the printer control panel or from the printer software. Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When you receive a low-ink warning message, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not have to replace the cartridges until prompted to do so.
Which ink cartridges do I need for my HP OfficeJet 8015 printer?
For your US HP OfficeJet 8015 printer you need 1 HP 910 Black OR the XL-version HP 910XL Black AND 3 color cartridges: HP 910 Cyan/Magenta/Yellow OR the XL-version HP 910XL Cyan/Magenta/Yellow. There are also Combo Packs (4 cartridges in one pack) available, like the HP 910 | 4 Ink Cartridges | Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow | 3YL61AN, 3YL58AN, 3YL59AN, 3YL60AN. Check the price of HP 910 cartridges at Amazon.com .
For your US HP OfficeJet 8015 printer you need 1 HP 912 Black OR the XL-version HP 912XL Black AND 3 color cartridges: HP 912 Cyan/Magenta/Yellow OR the XL-version HP 912XL Cyan/Magenta/Yellow. There are also Combo Packs (4 cartridges in one pack) available, like the HP 3YP34AE 912XL High Yield Original Ink Cartridge, Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow, Pack of 4.
Try Amazon's ink selector tool to find compatible ink cartridges for your printer.
Replace the ink cartridges.
1. Look at the Power button located on the printer. If it is not lit, the printer is turned off. Press the Power button to turn on the printer. Wait until the product is idle and silent before continuing.
Insert the new cartridge
5. Remove the new ink cartridge from from the package, and then pull the the orange pull-tab straight back to remove the plastic wrap from the ink cartridge. Completely remove the-tab and plastic wrap before removing the orange cap in the next step. Otherwise, ink might leak. When you remove the plastic wrap, the paper label on the top of the cartridge tears slightly, which is necessary to vent the cartridge. Do not touch the copper-colored electrical contacts and ink port.
8. Hold the ink cartridge so that the ink cartridge contacts are facing down and toward the printer. Match the colored dot on the ink cartridge with the dot of the same color on the carriage. Slide the new ink cartridge into its slot, and then gently press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place and is seated firmly in the slot. Make sure that the color-coded letter on the cartridge matches that on the slot.
9. Repeat step 4 through 8 for each ink cartridge you are replacing.
Align the printhead only if necessary.
The printer automatically aligns the printhead during the initial setup. The printhead does not have to be realigned when cartridges are replaced. However, you might want to use this feature for print quality issues in printouts where straight lines look wavy or jagged. You can align the printhead from the printer display and from the HP printer software.
– Touch Tools, touch Align the Printhead
– Follow the onscreen instructions.