Make sure you purchase the right ink cartridges for your specific printer and printer region or have your old ones refilled. Cartridges are not compatible between different brands, and often not within the same brand. Unlike other inkjet manufacturers, HP designs its inkjet hardware to use country-specific consumables. When you unbox a new HP inkjet printer and set it up, you install a set of ink tanks that ship with the printer. As you turn on the device and get ready to use it, an initialization sequence localizes it to the country associated with the ink cartridges you installed. HP recommends that you use original new HP ink cartridges.
You can check the estimated ink levels from the printer control panel, from the HP printer software, and from HP Utility.
To check the ink levels from the printer software (Windows)
– Open the HP printer software.
– In the printer software, click Estimated Ink Levels.
To check the ink levels from HP Utility
– Open HP Utility. HP Utility is located in the Hewlett-Packard folder in the Applications folder at the top level of the hard disk.
– Select the HP ENVY 4510 from the list of devices at the left of the window.
– Click Supplies Status. The estimated ink levels appear.
– Click All Settings to return to the Information and Support pane.
Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When you receive a low-ink warning message, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not have to replace the cartridges until the print quality is unacceptable.
Use the single-cartridge mode to operate the HP ENVY 4513 with only one ink cartridge. The single-cartridge mode is initiated when an ink cartridge is removed from the ink cartridge carriage. During single-cartridge mode, the printer can copy documents, copy photos, and print jobs from the computer.
XL (Extra Large) cartridges cost more but do provide better value in the long run. They will be able to print at least double the pages of a regular cartridge. Our advice is that if you print often, go with XL. However, ink can dry up. So if you are not a frequent printer, go with the regular cartridges.Which ink cartridges do I need for my HP ENVY 4513 All-in-One Printer?
For your US HP ENVY 4513 All-in-One Printer you need HP 63 OR HP 63XL cartridges. There are also Combo Packs (2 cartridges in one pack) available, like the HP 63 Black & Tri-color Original Ink Cartridges, 2 Cartridges (F6U61AN, F6U62AN).
For your European or UK HP ENVY 4513 All-in-One Printer you need HP 302 OR HP 302XL cartridges. There are also Combo Packs (2 cartridges in one pack) available, like the HP 302 2-pack Black/Tri-color Original Ink Cartridges (X4D37AE).
Replace the cartridges
Remove the old cartridge
3. Open the access door. To do this, gently grasp the handles on either side of the printer, then raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you proceed.
7. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer, then slide the ink cartridge forward into the slot. Then close the latch until it clicks to secure the ink cartridge into place.
8. Repeat the previous steps to install the other ink cartridge, if needed. The color ink cartridge is on the left, and the black ink cartridge is on the right.
Align the new cartridges
– The HP printer software prompts you to align the ink cartridges when you print a document after installing a new ink cartridge. The printer automatically prints an alignment page. Wait for the alignment page to fully eject from the printer.
– Lift the product lid.
– Place the alignment page on with the printed-side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
– Close the lid, and then touch OK. The product scans the alignment page and completes the alignment process.
– Discard or recycle the alignment page.
The alignment page did not print?
If the alignment page did not print automatically, you can align the cartridges manually from the printer software and from the printer display.
A. To align the cartridges from the printer software.
– In the printer software, click Print & Scan, and then click Maintain Your Printer to access the Printer Toolbox.
– In Printer Toolbox, click Align Cartridges on the Device Services tab. The printer prints an alignment sheet.
B. To align the cartridges from the printer display.
– From the printer control panel display, touch Tools.
– Touch Align Printer, and then follow the on-screen instructions.