Make sure you purchase the right battery for your Smartphone. Batteries are not compatible between different brands, and often not among phones within the same brand. It’s recommended that you use original Samsung batteries.
Which battery do I need for my Samsung Galaxy S III mini GT-i8190 cell Phone?
For your Samsung Galaxy S III mini GT-i8190 Smartphone you need a a lithium-ion rechargeable battery (sometimes called a Li-ion battery or LIB): Samsung EB-F1M7FLU Battery for Galaxy S3 mini – Original OEM.
Replace the Battery
1. Turn off the power so that you won’t lose any stored information. If the device is on, press and hold the power button on the right side of the device and then tap Power off.
2. Remove the back cover. Hold the device in one hand and find the latch that will release the cover. It’s on the back of the device, on the top. Insert a fingernail or pointed object into the slot. Lift upwards gently to pop the phone open. Be careful not to damage your fingernails when you remove the back cover. Also, be certain not to bend or twist the back cover excessively. Doing so may damage the cover.
3. Take the old battery out. To remove the current battery, simply lift it up from the bottom edge of the cell and pull the battery out. The battery ought to pop out smoothly.
4. Install the new battery by aligning the three contacts with the three prongs on the upper left side of the battery slot. Slide it up into the battery housing cavity and press down to secure it in place.
5. Replace the back cover. Line up the two holes above the Samsung logo with the rear camera lens and the flash. Gently press the cover down and around the sides of the phone until it clicks into place.