Make sure you purchase the right ink cartridges for your specific printer. Cartridges are not compatible between different brands, and often not within the same brand. HP recommends that you use Original HP ink cartridges. XL (Extra Large) cartridges cost more but do provide better value in the long run. They will be able to print at least double the pages of a regular cartridge. Our advice is that if you print often, go with XL. However, ink can dry up. So if you are not a frequent printer, go with the regular cartridges.
Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. Consider getting replacement print cartridges when you receive a low-ink warning message. This avoids possible printing delays. You do not need to replace the print cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.
Use the ink-backup mode to operate the printer by using only one print cartridge. The ink-backup mode is initiated when a print cartridge is removed from the print cartridge carriage. During ink-backup mode, the printer can only print jobs from the computer.
Which ink cartridges do I need for my HP Photosmart D110 series printer?
Replace the cartridges
1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.
2. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on. Wait until the product is idle and silent before continuing.
7. Hold the cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer, and then insert the cartridge into its color-coded slot until it snaps into place. Make sure that the icon on the cartridge matches the icon on the slot. The tri-color cartridge is on the left side of the carriage. The black cartridge is on the right side of the carriage.
10. Lift the product lid.
11. Place the alignment page on with the printed-side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
12. Close the lid, and then touch OK. The product scans the alignment page and completes the alignment process.
13. Discard or recycle the alignment page.